Monday, April 26, 2010

Why a new blog?

I was sick of my old one. Sick of the haters, sick of feeling like I had to live up to something, and sick of being stalked. I know this blog won't be "hater free", I know that people will still look down upon me, and I bet there will still be a few stalkers in the mix. I am okay with that. I am in a good place in my life. I was losing it. I was losing my faith. I became obsessed with living the life that my blogging friends lived. I wanted it so bad. I tried to change who I was, my family, my husband.... everything. I was not happy with any of them because they weren't living up to what I thought was the only way of life. I was consumed with being perfect for them, so I could seem like the perfect bibical woman. In doing so I was not being that. I was online more than I was cooking or baking, I was reading more than I was spending time with my loved ones, I stoped praying as much, and stoped remembering what Christ did for me. I know have worked through that. I love my life. I am loving being married. I am loving being pregnant (with twins?? maybe?). I am loving our church. I have not changed. I am just real now. Yes I still dress modest. Yes I still plan on homeschooling. Yes I do not plan on working. Yes I still crochet and sew. Yes we are leaving our children up to God. So what has changed? I cut my hair to a length that makes me look cute. I watch tv every now and then. I go to the movies from time to time. I listen to country more than anything. I enjoy the Baptist church. You may think I am a wordly bad person, but I am not. I pray more than ever, I am more caring, I am happier, I want the best for everyone, I do not think everyone has to look like me, and I love more. I might lose some friends but if I do then God didn't want them for me. I am fine with that.

What you can expect from this blog? A lot of pregnancy talk, a lot of marriage talk, fun recipes I am trying (when I am done puking my brains out), pictures of baby projects I am working on, funny stories about my day, a few stories about our crazy dog Bella, and I am sure some modest fashion tips!

I am still working on making this blog cute. Being techo- challenged makes this hard. I can't even work office 2007. So we will see how this goes :)

10 comments:

  1. oh hun! Love you loads, Drea!! :HUGS: <3
    i'm so glad you're gonna blog again and even more glad you're gonna blog for you and not anyone else. keep it real!
    love ya!
    Manda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't tell you how encouraging this post was to me!! I have been going through the same type of thing with losing my faith and trying to be too perfect...but God has shown me that all those rules aren't what being a Child of God is about. SO I have relaxed and am now just enjoying serving God...but it was hard at first with people thinking I've been backsliding. But your post really encouraged me to keep up! :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Real blogging is the best kind.
    I understand completly what you're talking about in this post.
    That's the same reason I got a new blog awhile back. I was so tired of trying to be the person I thought would make people like me and make me look like a "good" girl.
    I'm so looking forward to this new blog!
    God bless you m'dear!! :)
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm excited that you are back. And yes, there will always be haters in our lives, as God said there would be if we walk with Him.

    I can't wait for the posts to get rolling on here. :-)

    Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Ellie. Real blogging is my favorite. I have had trouble before with trying to fit into a certain mold before. It doesn't work. It's not me.

    You're "real blog" sounds delightful! :)

    Bless you!
    -Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  6. I understand feeling that you should come across a certain way when you're a part of the conservative Christian blogging community. I have certainly dealt with that. In a less than perfect world, my wonderful relationship that is now leading to marriage began as a typical dating relationship and for some time, I was ashamed to use the word "boyfriend" on my blog. I believe that loving God and living life passionately does not need to mean you always have to live up to every standard others set for themselves. Good luck with everything!
    Kalina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! I am so happy to see you are back to blogging. I'm sorry you had haters and stalkers :( that's no fun (as I'm sure you are full aware). I love what you said about blogging real. As Christians we shouldn't just be putting on a front. But it is very easy to do that via internet by only posting certain things, etc.

    As for the blog layout, there is a template designer in blogger. It looks fabulous (with many different options), and takes one click. You might have to be in blogger draft though (not sure).

    Glad to have you back!

    <3 Megan

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've missed reading updates on you, dear!! I'm so glad you're back to the blogger world! I've missed you tons!
    Let me know if you would like me to re-do this blog for you too, okay? It wouldn't take much time for me and you could just tell me what you'd like on it, in general.
    I love you, dear!! Pat the belly for me. :)

    Your Friend,
    ~Raquel

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm excited to follow along:) I was a young mommy too, and I enjoy your refreshing, young spirit! As a mom of four now, it amazes me that I was you just 8 short years ago! God bless your new family:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stay true to yourself and God's Word. Don't let people make you feel like you HAVE to act or be a certain way or follow legalism!!

    Blessings,
    Schy

    ReplyDelete